- تکبر کرنے والا منہ کے بل گرتا ہے ۔ شیخ سعدئ
- Click Here To Read and Listen Fully Quran e Majeed with audio and text.
- Click Here To Download latest IPS Nulled Files and Apps.
- Click Here To Read and Share Urdu-Punjabi Poetry.
Welcome to Fundayforum.com - Pakistani Urdu Community Forum
Welcome to Fundayforum.com - Pakistani Urdu Community Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Fundayforum.com - Pakistani Urdu Community Forum by signing in or creating an account via default Sign up page or social links such as: Facebook, Twitter or Google.
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
- Upload or Download IPS Community files such as: Applications, Plugins etc.
- Upload or Download your Favorite Books, Novels in PDF format.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'division'.
Found 7 results
ADMIN posted a blog entry in Geo News BlogISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf's leader Raza Hiraj claimed on Thursday that lawmakers in Bahawalpur division will be leaving the ruling party. Bahawalpur division includes Rahim Yar Khan, Bahawalpur and Bahawalnagar. Hiraj made the claim on Geo News show Capital Talk and said further that though he does not know which party the lawmakers will join, but will not be a part of PML-N. "Let me state this categorically, the people of Punjab are loyal to the state. The moment they feel a person is no longer sincere to Pakistan, the form different opinion," said Hiraj. He also lamented that the people of south Punjab are not treated well. Last week, Hiraj joined the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf. Before that, Dr. Nisar Jatt from Faisalabad met with the PTI chairman on March 2 and joined the party. The PTI Chairman had on the occasion appreciated the new joinings and said that it will be proved in future that Jatt made the right decision, detaching himself from ?a mafia?.
ADMIN posted a blog entry in Geo News BlogISLAMABAD: Minister for Power Division Sardar Awais Ahmed Khan Leghari issued direction to assess the performance of distribution companies (DISCOs) and their CEOs in order to eliminate any mismatch in tariff, an official press release said on Tuesday. The performance of the DISCOs will be assessed on the basis of their success to bridge the gap in the sold and billed units, said the press statement. A performance review meeting was held today, following which the notification was issued. Leghari directed the CEOs of all DISCOs to submit quarterly tariff adjustment petitions during March with the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA). This will also help in reducing the gap in billed and recovered amount by the DISCOs, said the statement. The federal minister directed the CEOs to ensure replacement of defective meters within seven days after it is has been declared defective, besides clearing the backlog of defective meters in their respective DISCOs by March 31, 2018. Leghari, also gave instructions to all the chairmen of the Board of Directors to make proper procurement plan for the next fiscal year and get it approved by April 15, 2018.
ADMIN posted a blog entry in Geo News BlogCourtesy PPP media cell KARACHI: The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) on Wednesday nominated MPA Saeed Ghani as the president of PPP Karachi Division. PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari also nominated MPA Javed Nagori as general secretary. Ghani, in a tweet, thanked Bilawal for the nomination and said he will try his best to serve the metropolis. The decision was taken during a party meeting with leaders of Karachi division at Bilawal House. During the meeting, Bilawal was also briefed regarding the political and organisational situation in Karachi division and about development projects in the metropolis.
ADMIN posted a blog entry in Geo News BlogKARACHI: Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader Dr Asim Hussain has stepped down as party?s Karachi division president due to health issues, Geo News reported Friday. While explaining the reason for the decision, Dr Asim told PPP Co-Chairperson Asif Ali Zardari that he won?t be able to take up the responsibilities associated with the post as he has to travel abroad for a surgery. He added that he will continue working for the party as a worker. Dr Asim was appointed as the president of party's Karachi division last year in November. In response to his decision, PPP announced that Dr Asim will be given new and important responsibilities. In a statement, PPP Chairperson Bilawal Bhutto Zardari said that Dr Asim will be given new responsibilities once he returns after undergoing surgery. SC allows Dr Asim to go abroad for treatment once more Those with treason cases against them are sitting abroad easily, observed Justice Qazi Faez Isa On November 16, the Supreme Court of Pakistan had directed the government to strike off Dr Asim Hussain from the Exit Control List (ECL) so he can travel abroad for treatment. Dr Asim, a former petroleum minister and PPP Karachi chief, is accused in three cases: two of corruption during his stint in the last federal government and one of facilitating terrorists at his hospital. During the SC hearing on November 16, Dr Asim's counsel informed the bench, comprising Justice Mushir Alam and Justice Qazi Faez Isa, that his client followed the apex court's earlier permission to travel abroad for treatment and return in a month. In his remarks, Justice Isa wondered why the implementation of the law is not the same for all citizens. He observed that those with serious cases against them, including treason, are sitting abroad, questioning if anything has been done to bring them back. On August 29, Dr Asim was allowed to leave for London for a back surgery and ordered to submit a surety bond of Rs6 million. Dr Asim, a close aide of former president and PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari, was detained by the Rangers in August 2015, while he was heading the provincial higher education department. He was later transferred to the custody of the civilian law enforcement agencies.
ADMIN posted a blog entry in Geo News BlogBARCELONA: Hundreds of thousands of supporters of a unified Spain filled Barcelona?s streets on Sunday in one of the biggest shows of force yet by the so-called silent majority that has watched as regional political leaders push for Catalan independence. Political parties opposing a split by Catalonia from Spain had a small lead in an opinion poll published on Sunday, the first since Madrid called a regional election to try to resolve the country?s worst political crisis in four decades. Polls and recent elections have shown that about half the electorate in the wealthy northeastern region, which is already autonomous, oppose secession from Spain, but a vocal independence movement has brought the current crisis to a head. Spain?s central government called an election for Dec. 21 on Friday after sacking Catalonia?s president Carles Puigdemont, dissolving its parliament and dismissing its government. That followed the assembly?s unilateral declaration of independence in a vote boycotted by three national parties. The regional government claimed it had a mandate to push ahead with independence following an unofficial referendum on Oct. 1 which was ruled illegal under Spanish law and mostly boycotted by unionists. Waving thousands of Spanish flags and singing ?Viva España?, protesters on Sunday turned out in the largest display of support for a united Spain since the beginning of the crisis -- underlining the depth of division in Catalonia itself. ?I?m here to defend Spanish unity and the law,? said Alfonso Machado, 55, a salesman standing with a little girl with Spanish flags in her hair. ?Knowing that in the end there won?t be independence, I feel sorry for all the people tricked into thinking there could be and the divisions they?ve driven through Catalan society.? SLIGHT UNIONIST LEAD The poll of 1,000 people by Sigma Dos for newspaper El Mundo showed unionist parties winning 43.4 percent support and pro-independence parties 42.5 percent. The survey was taken from Monday to Thursday, just as the central government prepared to take control of Catalonia. Madrid said on Saturday that secessionist politicians, including Puigdemont, were free to take part in the election. The hardline CUP has been unclear if it would. The deposed Catalan government will soon have to make difficult decisions, Puigdemont?s former deputy Oriol Junqueras said on Sunday in an editorial in online newspaper El Punt Avui. He stopped short of saying his ERC party would take part in the election. ?We need a shared strategy ... it?s important to weave solid alliances with those who are willing to build a state that serves its citizens,? he said, possibly alluding to a rumoured alliance between the ERC and the Catalan arm of the anti-austerity Podemos party. Such an alliance could put the independence movement in difficult position as it would mean a main secession supporter joining forces with parties that reject Madrid?s hard line but do not support separatism. With weeks to go before the election, the poll showed the CUP, kingmaker for the pro-secessionists in the dismissed 135-seat parliament, would win seven seats, down from a current 10. The pro-independence coalition Junts pel Si, which held 62 seats previously, was split into parties PDeCat and ERC for the poll as they are unlikely to run on a single platform. The two would win between 54 and 58 seats in total, the poll showed. At Sunday?s rally, former European Parliament president Josep Borrell called for unionist voters to turn out in December to ensure independence supporters lose their stranglehold on the regional parliament. ?Maybe we?re here because many of us during elections didn?t go and vote. Now we have a golden opportunity. This time, nobody should stay at home,? Borrell said to cheering crowds. DAMAGE TO CATALONIA Puigdemont called on Saturday for peaceful opposition to Madrid?s takeover. But he was vague on precisely what steps the secessionists would take as Spanish authorities move into Barcelona to enforce control. European countries, the United States and Mexico have also rejected the Catalan declaration of independence and expressed support for Spain?s unity. But emotions are running high and the next few days will be tricky for Madrid as it embarks on enforcing direct rule and putting officials in administrative roles. National police were accused of heavy-handedness during the Oct. 1 referendum. Officers of the regional police force, called the Mossos d?Esquadra in Catalan, were stationed in main public and government buildings on Sunday. But the force is believed to have divided loyalties. The central government has removed the Mossos? chief, Josep Lluis Trapero, and said units could be replaced if warranted. In an open letter on Sunday, Interior Minister Juan Ignacio Zoido praised the Mossos for their work and urged them to accept temporary direction from Madrid. The main secessionist group, the Catalan National Assembly, has urged civil servants not to follow orders from the central government and to mount ?peaceful resistance?, while the pro-independence trade union CSC has called a strike. Puigdemont, Junqueras and their advisors left the Catalan government offices on Friday, newspaper La Vanguardia reported on Sunday, effectively handing the building over to Madrid and making a forced eviction on Monday less likely. Since the return of democracy in the late 1970s Spain has suffered several traumatic episodes, including an attempted military coup in 1981, a violent Basque separatist conflict, and more recently an economic crisis. The Catalan issue is however the biggest challenge to the territorial integrity of what is now a progressive European Union nation. The chaos has prompted an exodus of businesses from Catalonia, which contributes about a fifth of Spain?s economy, the fourth-largest in the euro zone. Tourism to Barcelona has been hit and markets have darted up and down on the fast-moving developments. European leaders have also denounced the push, fearing it could fan separatist sentiment around the continent.
Former interior minister Chaudhry Nisar addressed a press conference in Kallar Syedan on Saturday. Video: Geo News KALLAR SYEDAN: Former interior minister Chaudhry Nisar on Saturday said that there was no division or crisis in the ruling party ? Pakistan Muslim League - Nawaz (PML-N). "There is a difference of opinion within the party and nothing more," he remarked while addressing an event in Kallar Syedan. "And differences of opinion are the essence of democracy." This was the second time, during the day, that the senior PML-N leader hinted at the party's unity while alluding to internal conflicts which have plagued the party of late. During an earlier address in Murree, Nisar had said that he along with the former prime minister and PML-N president Nawaz Sharif had laid the founding stone of the party. Responding to a question about Pak-US ties, the former interior minister said the country's parliament has given a strong message the US. "In a show of unity, the parliament gave a strong message to the US ? talk to us with respect ? and the message resonated well with the recipient," Nisar said, adding that the recent operation to recover a US-Canadian family was not the reason of the improved and more stable relations between the two countries. He stressed that it is the government?s job to also stay united on its resolve in the future too. The former interior minister also expressed his opinion of Pakistan's relations with its eastern neighbour. "I don't like the fact that Pakistan is cosying up to the Modi-government," Nisar opined. "It will be foolish to expect anything good from Modi, whose agenda is based on anti-Muslim sentiments." He said that Modi openly expressed his unity with the Myanmar government ? responsible for Rohingya Muslims' genocide. "Can anything good be expected from such a man," Nisar said, adding that Pakistan should not fight with any country but it is important for the nation to stand united in the face of internal and external threats. Nisar, in response to a question about the recent attack on a journalist Ahmed Noorani, strongly condemned the incident. "It was an inhumane incident and an attack on the freedom of opinion," he said, adding that he was one of the first few people who registered a strong protest against the attack. "The attackers fail to understand that these voices only resurface, they aren?t suppressed, through these tactics," Nisar said.
ADMIN posted a blog entry in Geo News BlogGoogle hardware executive Rick Osterloh (L) shakes hand with HTC CEO Cher Wang during a news conference to announce Google to acquire HTC's Pixel smartphone TAIPEI/SAN FRANCISCO: Alphabet Inc?s Google said it would pay $1.1 billion for the division at Taiwan?s HTC Corp that develops the US firm?s Pixel smartphones - its second major foray into phone hardware after an earlier costly failure. The all-cash deal will see Google gain 2,000 HTC employees, roughly equivalent to one fifth of the Taiwanese firm?s total workforce. It will also acquire a non-exclusive license for HTC?s intellectual property and the two firms agreed to look at other areas of collaboration in the future. While Google is not acquiring any manufacturing assets, the transaction underscores a ramping up of its ambitions for Android smartphones at a time when consumer and media attention is largely focused on rival Apple Inc. ?Google has found it necessary to have its own hardware team to help bring innovations to Android devices, making them competitive versus the iPhone series,? said Mia Huang, analyst at research firm TrendForce. The move is part of a broader and still nascent push into hardware that saw Google hire Rick Osterloh, a former Motorola executive, to run its hardware division last year. It also comes ahead of new product launches on Oct. 4 that are expected to include two Pixel phones and a Chromebook. Pixel smartphones, only launched a year ago, have less than 1 percent market share globally with an estimated 2.8 million shipments, according to research firm IDC. Google will be aiming not to repeat mistakes made when it purchased Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion in 2012. It sold it off to China?s Lenovo Group Ltd for less than $3 billion two years later after Motorola failed to produce appealing products that could compete with iPhones. This time around, however, the deal price tag is much smaller and the lack of manufacturing facilities also minimizes risk. HTC?S DECLINE Google?s strategy of licensing Android for free and profiting from embedded services such as search and maps has made Android the dominant mobile operating system with some 89 percent of the global market, according to IDC. But it has long been frustrated by the emergence of many variations of Android and the inconsistent experience that has produced. Pushing its own hardware will likely complicate its relationship with Android licensees, analysts said. Some analysts also questioned the wisdom of the deal given HTC?s long decline. The Taiwanese firm once sold one in 10 smartphones globally but has seen market share dwindle sharply in the face of competition from Apple, Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) and Chinese rivals. ?HTC is past its prime in terms of being a leading hardware design house, mainly because of how much it has had to scale back over the years because of declining revenues,? said Ryan Reith, an analyst at IDC. ?Unless Google really wants to control hardware for its other businesses like Home and Chromebooks in addition to smartphones, then I don?t see this as being a bet that pays off.? For HTC, the deal will allow it to concentrate more on its virtual reality headsets while also reducing development costs. ?This will be a sizeable reduction in our R&D expenses. Overall it should be in the ballpark of a 30-40 percent reduction in operating expenses,? HTC Chief Financial Officer Peter Shen told a news conference in Taipei. The Taiwanese firm will continue to run its remaining smartphone business but the sharp downsizing of its mainstay operations has cast some doubt over its longer term future. ?HTC can design and produce innovative products but it lacks the deep pockets of the likes of Samsung for marketing promotions and saturation advertising,? said Jake Saunders, an analyst at ABI Research in Singapore. ?Competitors in the form of Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi and ZTE are snapping at HTC?s heels.? HTC?s worldwide smartphone market share declined to 0.9 percent last year from a peak of 8.8 percent in 2011, according to IDC. HTC shares were on a trading halt on Thursday. The stock has fallen around 94 percent from a peak in 2011, giving the company a market value of around $1.9 billion. Evercore served as financial advisor to HTC while Lazard was Google?s financial advisor.