It would not be wrong to admit that no matter how much the current President of the Congress party tries to play the leader of the pack, the poor guy constantly seems to fall head first amidst gatherings, where people have especially come to give him a chance to make his point - only to go away with hearty laughs.
However, we must give credit to the man for his perseverance, but even that only seems to produce more memes on him. Every time Rahul tries to make a point, he seems to goof-up every step of the way. Whenever he opens his mouth he delivers such rib-ticklers that you can't help but ROFL over it.
Here are 10 of his super funny faux pas from the recent times for you to guffaw over:
1. While addressing students in Mumbai's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, he said, “one day you're going to run this country, run the institutions, you will be the Steve Jobs in the Microsofts and the leader, the Facebooks of this country.” Steve Job of Microsoft? Right when you thought your GK was poor, this proves that maybe there is hope for you yet.
2. During one of his Lok Sabha addressals, he said, “pehle petrol 130 dollars prati barrel hua karta tha, aur aaj 35 rupay prati barrel hai.” Later he went on to correct himself after someone from his party prompted him with the correct data. Absent minded, much?
3. During a rally in Firozabad he said, "you all are demanding a potato factory in your area, but you should understand I am an opposition leader. I cannot open a potato factory". If you're confused about potatoes can be produced in factories, you might want to know that what he really meant was factory of potato chips. *facepalm*
4. During another rally in 2013 he said, “Ambedkar was the first person to attain escape velocity and run away to US.” Who would have imagined physics and politics could come together like this? Who except Rahul Gandhi could make such an epic observation?
5. In 2015, During a press conference in Kolkata Rahul said, “politics is everywhere. Politics is in your shirt, it's in your pants...it's everywhere.” We do not know the point he was trying to make when he said that, but this was in relation to the fact that youngsters in India are staying away from politics regardless of this fact.
6. In his speech at the CII Annual General Meeting & National Conference 2013 he said, “see, there is a tendency to look at India as a country.” We are not a country yet? What are we then, a continent?
7. During his first address to captains of Indian industry, Rahul used the most absurd analogy ever. He said, “China is referred to as the 'dragon' and India as an 'elephant'. But we are not an elephant, we are a 'beehive'.” Manjhe kay? We really can't make sense of this one.
8. In 2015 Rahul dropped yet another brainfart that would make him the butt of jokes for the longest time. During a rally he tried to make an emotional statement and said, “this morning I woke up at night…” To this date people are not quite sure of what to believe or make of this.
9. Recently while addressing the House in Lok Sabha Rahul said, “maine pradhaan mantri ke baare mein saaf saaf bola hai, aur pradhaan mantri apni aankh meri aankh mein nahi daal sakte.” A slip of tongue or not but this is mighty funny when taken in the literal sense.
10. During another CII addressal he had said, “rani ki Jhansi, she's a hero”. Well, what can we say to that one! Maybe we can but we can't stop laughing. Why does he have to goof up so bad all the time?
The guy needs some real help with his expressions for sure.