👀 You are watching:
Jump to content
👉 Click here to explore Remote Jobs, Work From Home & Global News – USA 🇺🇸 | UK 🇬🇧 | Canada 🇨🇦 | Pakistan 🇵🇰 ×
🚫 Guest Access Notice ×
  • entries
    183,743
  • comments
    31
  • views
    447,867

l_168100_044732_updates.jpg
168100_8200580_updates.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Friday visited Headquarters Rawalpindi Corps and said that there cannot be any let up in the Army's preparedness and response against the perpetual threat on the eastern border, said a statement released by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

[embed_video1 url=http://stream.jeem.tv/vod/e42b8ae0d603d0e0fcaabe16f41927a5.mp4/playlist.m3u8?wmsAuthSign=c2VydmVyX3RpbWU9MTEvMTcvMjAxNyAxMTo1MjowMSBBTSZoYXNoX3ZhbHVlPVBnLytubFBpVm5Tbk5WQWEzaWFEc1E9PSZ2YWxpZG1pbnV0ZXM9NjAmaWQ9MQ== style=center]

Bajwa also expressed satisfaction at the operational preparedness of the troops deployed along the Line of Control (LoC) and was given a detailed briefing on the prevalent condition along the area. 

168100_7150163_updates.jpg

The army chief also expressed satisfaction at the response given to ceasefire violations (CFV) by Indian troops, added ISPR.

The army chief was received by Lieutenant General Nadeem Raza, Corps Commander 10 Corps on his arrival at Corps HQ.

Earlier in November, the army chief and Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi visited the LoC and condemned the unprofessional approach, of targetting civilians residing in the area, by Indian forces and reiterated that Pakistan would continue to provide political, moral and diplomatic support to the Kashmiri people for their struggle.

Incidents of firing from across the border have increased after the right-wing government of Narendra Modi came to power and has caused significant material and human loss. Indian forces have used medium and heavy weapons in recent times to target the civilian population of AJK. 

In a press conference held on October 5, the military spokesperson said the border is "unsafe because of India's inappropriate reactions".

Talking about the increasing number of ceasefire violations by Indian forces, Ghafoor said the current year has witnessed the highest number of violations when compared to previous years.

He added India has paid a price for firing incidents and will continue to do so if India does not act with restraint.

"Threats from India are perpetual. We are a peaceful country and we do not want war with them, but we will defend ourselves fully and have the capability to do so."

"Unlike India, we cannot fire indiscriminately as there are Kashmiri brothers on the other side as well, so when there are casualties on that side, it is soldiers and infrastructure. But war is not the solution, so we are talking to them at all levels to stop this."


0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...