👀 You are watching:
Jump to content
👉 Click here to explore Remote Jobs, Work From Home & Global News – USA 🇺🇸 | UK 🇬🇧 | Canada 🇨🇦 | Pakistan 🇵🇰 ×
🚫 Guest Access Notice ×
  • entries
    183,523
  • comments
    31
  • views
    446,317

l_183195_062422_updates.jpg
183195_4741162_updates.jpg File photo.

MUMBAI: Indian surgeons who removed a massive brain tumour in a marathon seven-hour procedure said Thursday they believe it could be the heaviest ever recorded.

Neurosurgeon Trimurti Nadkarni told AFP the operation took seven hours to complete and the patient required 11 units of blood.

Santlal Pal, a 31-year-old shopkeeper, had been carrying around a tumour weighing nearly two kilos before the surgery on February 14.

"It was an extremely daunting and complex surgery," said Nadkarni, head of neurosurgery at Mumbai's BYL Nair hospital.

"After the patient regained consciousness, we researched and concluded this was the world's heaviest tumour to be reported so far."

The 1.87-kilo brain tumour had affected his vision and caused constant headaches.

"It was a rare operation and the patient has survived. Before the surgery, he had minimal vision, which may improve now," Nadkarni said. 


0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...