
RAWALPINDI: Two Pakistan Army soldiers were martyred on Wednesday when Indian forces opened unprovoked fire across the Line of Control (LoC), said the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
The latest incident of unprovoked firing occurred in the Bhimber sector of the LoC.
The martyred soldiers were identified as Sipahi Munir Chauhan and Sipahi Amir Hussain, added ISPR.
The Pakistan Army responded and caused heavy damage to Indian posts in retaliatory action.
The Army's media wing said a "befitting response" was given to the latest episode of Indian agression.
Earlier this month, the Army destroyed an Indian post after it targetted a minor in Jajot village.
In a separate incident in January, four Army soldiers were martyred when Indian forces opened fire.
Frequent violations
India frequently opens unprovoked fire across the LoC, resulting in the martyrdom of civilians and army officials.
The FO has said that in 2018, Indian forces carried out over 400 ceasefire violations along the LoC and the Working Boundary, resulting in 18 civilians being martyred while 68 were injured.
According to the Foreign Office, India committed 1,900 violations in 2017.



0 Comments
Recommended Comments
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.