About This File
Project Manager is an advanced suite of management tools that empower Admins and Project Managers to spearhead, plan, execute, oversee, and attain their community project. Achieve specific goals, meet success criterias, and reach your target conclusion by using Project Manager to organize your workflow from beginning to end.
- Organization - Are you excited to start multiple community projects to grow your membership, raise more money, foster more activity, take your community to the next level and you need a better way to manage it all?
- Accountability - Do you need to assign tasks to Moderators, Staff Members, and other stakeholders to hold them accountable to your community's organizational success?
- Feedback - Do you need a brainstorming tool for feedback and suggestions for your community's future planning?
- Execution - Are you launching a major initiative and understand that preparation, planning, and task management are key?
- Development - Are you a software coder, theme designer, or digital creator who wants an all-in-one digital production tool?
Bring the power of organization and planning to your community with Project Manager by Fosters! At the heart of Project Manager is a growing suite of powerful management tools, all of which can be customized to your project wishes:
- Project Categories - Whether you want to focus on one project or many projects, you can group your growing list of ideas and projects into many project categories!
- Item Types - Define your own custom issues, steps, objectives, tasks, or other measurement metric, where you control the lifecycle from beginning to end. Build unique sets of item types for each project's unique needs!
- Assignment - Assign issues to members in your project team and hold them accountable. Project members can filter and view their own tasks, and can even view only their "open tasks" for immediate work!
- Prioritization - Build your own custom set of priorities using color-coded badges so you can visually sort and prioritize important items.
- Issues Tracker - The core of your project, project members use the built-in Tracker to add new tasks, track pending tasks, close resolved tasks, and ultimately manage everything from beginning to end -- smarter and faster! Customize your tracker anyway you want and turn it into your issues tracker, bug tracker, brainstorm tracker, or task manager!
Project Manager is designed from the ground-up to be highly customizable for any use case. It can be custom-fitted to any project where you need to plan and execute based on your own project requirements. With built-in features like user assignment, priorities, and custom filters, it's now easier than ever to let your Invision Community power your next community project!
All these features are available right now in Project Manager with more to come. Start building the community project of your dreams by taking one step at a time with Project Manager!
Here are real-life scenarios where Project Manager can benefit your community:
- Hobbyist Admins who want a way to let their members propose suggestions, new ideas, and feedback to plan for their community's future. Use the Tracker as a recommendations box.
- Community Managers who want to organize local meetups, membership drives, and fundraising campaigns and need a method to plan everything. Use the prioritization and issues tracker.
- Enterprise Admins who want to launch and organize large community projects with various stakeholders like moderators, staff members, and other admins. Use the assignment and task management features.
- Software Developers who require an advanced bug and suggestion tracker and need a software release tool. Build a custom tracker for each release statuses to effectively manage like a pro.
Here is a highlight of major features of Project Managers:
- Create new Project Categories with custom permission sets to view
- Create new Project with its own customized settings and permissions
- Can copy / delete / reorder / move Projects
- Create new Item Types with custom color badges
- Define multiple Statuses within each Item Type from open to closed
- Create new Priorities with custom color badges
- Enable RSS feed
- Enable auto-publication to IP.Pages database or IP.Board forum
- Control and monitor Issue details such as status and implementation
- Assign Issues to Users
- Filter and Sort Issues on the Tracker
- Follow and send Notifications on Issues
- New link in the Menu Manager
Demo Project - The application includes a demo project for a simple bug-and-suggestion Tracker. It shows admins how to create a sample project category, project, and item types with demo statuses like Open, Fixed, Accepted, and No Thx. This enables admins to get a quick overview of a project and to jump into their own project. If you do not want to install the demo data, remove the demodata.php file from the package before installation.
Developer Mode - Project Manager includes powerful, developer-specific tools to help manage and control your digital releases with special consideration for IPS Marketplace developers. You can enable Developer mode to control versioning, IPS Marketplace integration, and VCS connection to BitBucket. If you do not want Developer mode, disable the features.
REST API - The application includes built-in REST API to manage projects, items, and versions.
Project Manager is a large and growing application that is constantly under development, and we'd love to have your support along the way. We use the application ourselves to publish our software to the IPS Marketplace, so you know there's a lot of spare hours, tender care, and heart poured into this application. We're constantly adding new features, stomping out bugs, fine-tuning the code, with large plans for this app's future. If your community could use an organizational management tool, we would genuinely appreciate your purchase of Project Manager! Even better, we would absolutely love to hear how Project Manager helped organize your latest community project and turned you into a Project Master - give us a 5-star review below with your success story!