👀 You are watching:
Jump to content
👉 Click here to explore Remote Jobs, Work From Home & Global News – USA 🇺🇸 | UK 🇬🇧 | Canada 🇨🇦 | Pakistan 🇵🇰 ×
🚫 Guest Access Notice ×
  • entries
    183,604
  • comments
    31
  • views
    447,021

l_173972_081612_updates.jpg
173972_7232552_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The Foreign Office of Pakistan summoned on Tuesday the acting Indian deputy high commissioner and recorded strong protest over continuing ceasefire violations by the Indian forces along the Line of Control (LoC), a spokesman for the Foreign Office said.

The acting Indian deputy high commissioner was summoned a day after the martyrdom of three Pakistan Army troops in unprovoked, cross-border firing by Indian forces in the LoC's Rakhchikri sector.

DG South Asia and SAARC, Dr Mohammad Faisal, handed a protest note to the Indian diplomat asking New Delhi to honour the 2003 ceasefire agreement between the two countries, the spokesman said.

It further called on the Indian government to investigate all incidents of ceasefire violations, including Monday's cross-border firing by Indian troops.

Incidents of firing from across the border have increased after the right-wing government of Narendra Modi came to power and has caused significant material and human loss.

Indian forces have used medium and heavy weapons in recent times to target the civilian population of AJK and Army posts built along the LoC.

Pakistan's top civilian and military leadership has expressed serious concerns over repeated violations by India of the ceasefire agreement along the LoC.

The Foreign Office further demanded New Delhi to let the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) play its role.

Earlier in the month, two civilians were martyred after Indian forces opened fire on a funeral procession.

In November, the army chief and Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi visited the LoC and condemned the unprofessional approach by Indian forces.

Another soldier of the Army was martyred in the same area of the LoC in September when Indian troops targeted civilian population with heavy weapons.


0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...