👀 You are watching:
Jump to content
👉 Click here to explore Remote Jobs, Work From Home & Global News – USA 🇺🇸 | UK 🇬🇧 | Canada 🇨🇦 | Pakistan 🇵🇰 ×
🚫 Guest Access Notice ×
  • entries
    183,808
  • comments
    31
  • views
    448,241

l_179800_045859_updates.jpg

[embed_video1 url=http://stream.jeem.tv/vod/5b76985d915f8711ad0da08b249d5c04.mp4/playlist.m3u8?wmsAuthSign=c2VydmVyX3RpbWU9Mi8xLzIwMTggMTI6NDk6NTEgUE0maGFzaF92YWx1ZT1DOGlFNnlsVDM1UG1TaDU0YUl0TEd3PT0mdmFsaWRtaW51dGVzPTYwJmlkPTE= style=center]

KARACHI: The cousin of Waziristan native Naqeebullah, Noor Rehman, on Thursday denied reports that a compromise has been reached between Naqeeb's family and absconding police officer Rao Anwar. 

The absconding police official is wanted by authorities in connection to the extrajudicial murder of Naqeebullah Mehsud.

"There are reports circulating on the media that Naqeebullah's family and Rao Anwar have reached a compromise, this is a lie and propaganda," said Rehman. 

179800_4755106_updates.jpg Noor Rehman - Geo News screen grab 

He added that he has spoken with the Naqeebullah's father, and the father has reiterated that he will not reach any settlement in the case. 

Rehman further said the family's demand is to give the strictest of punishments to Rao Anwar and his team. 

"We do not have any other demand."

Reports circulating had suggested that the two parties were close to reaching a settlement for blood money in the case. 

It was further reported that the elders of the affected family were onboard with the decision to settle the case. 

Earlier today, the Supreme Court of Pakistan granted an additional ten days to Inspector General Police (IGP) Sindh AD Khawaja to arrest suspended Malir SSP Rao Anwar in the extrajudicial killing case of Naqeebullah Mehsud.

Last week, Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar had taken suo motu notice of Naqeebullah?s case and had set a three-day deadline for Anwar's arrest which expired on Tuesday (January 30). 

Naqeebullah Mehsud, a 27-year-old native of Waziristan was among three others who were accused of being terrorists and killed by police in what was later termed a fake encounter.

Following claims of innocence from Naqeebullah?s family, an inquiry committee was formed which cleared the 27-year-old of any wrongdoing. An FIR was registered against Anwar and others in the case. Since then, Rao Anwar has been in hiding. 


0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...