👀 You are watching:
Jump to content
👉 Click here to explore Remote Jobs, Work From Home & Global News – USA 🇺🇸 | UK 🇬🇧 | Canada 🇨🇦 | Pakistan 🇵🇰 ×
🚫 Guest Access Notice ×
  • entries
    183,821
  • comments
    31
  • views
    448,285

DI Khan assault case: PHC orders police to arrest prime suspect in three weeks


l_179760_011637_updates.jpg
179760_7586794_updates.jpg he Peshawar High Court ordered the DIG Headquarters Sher Alam Khan to arrest within three weeks the prime suspect involved in stripping and parading a 16-year-old in Dera Ismail Khan. Photo: file

PESHAWAR: The Peshawar High Court ordered the DIG Headquarters Sher Alam Khan to arrest within three weeks the prime suspect involved in stripping and parading a 16-year-old in Dera Ismail Khan.

A two-member bench, comprising PHC Chief Justice Yahya Afridi and Justice Qalandar Ali Khan, heard the case on Thursday.

DIG Headquarters Sher Alam Khan appeared before the court on Thursday and submitted an investigation report to the court. The DIG told the court that eight suspects in the case have been arrested so far.

The chief justice expressed his anger at the police?s inability to arrest the prime suspect.

While referring to the DIG, the CJ remarked: ?Why hasn't the primary suspect been arrested yet? What problems are you facing in the arrest??

The chief justice observed: ?If you want help from someone, let the court know. The court will help you.?

The bench then questioned the DIG: ?When will the prime suspect be arrested??

Responding to this, DIG Khan said: ?Efforts are under way to arrest prime suspect Sajawal.?

The court then directed the DIG to arrest Sajawal in three weeks.

The CJ also questioned the DIG pertaining to the video of the incident. The survivor of the attack had alleged that perpetrators had shot a video of the assault.

?What happened to the video, did you get the copy or not,? the chief justice asked. To this, the DIG said: ?We have gotten the report of seven mobile sets but have yet to find the video.?

The court ordered the DIG to present a complete report of the incident by the next hearing.

The hearing has been adjourned till February 22. 

Teenager stripped, paraded in DI Khan

The incident occurred on October 27, when the girl was returning home after fetching water. She said some men surrounded her then tore off her clothes. They then made her walk in the area for nearly an hour, she added.

No one in the area came to rescue her as, according to the witnesses, they were scared.

Locals said the survivor was punished for her brother Sajjad, who was in a relationship with a girl from the village.

The girl was 'avenged' despite a panchayat (village council) settling the matter. The panchayat had fined Sajjad?s family with Rs0.25 million to resolve the matter, even the tehsil nazim was part of the decision-making then. 


0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...