Chinos are the most versatile item in every guy’s closet. Reason? The best thing about chinos is basically that it is the middle ground between formal trousers and informal jeans. Also because chinos provide more comfort than a pair of formal trousers or jeans.
1. If you’re thinking this is too dressy for office, think again! If the tie or the jacket is a tad OTT, here’s how you can always dress it down:
1. Lose the tie, duh!
2. Swap your formal shirt for a casual T-shirt, but keep the jacket on.
3. Swap your loafers for sneakers and voila!
2. If your office is a cool start-up with no dress-code, you can take charge, and actually have fun dressing-up your chinos. Treat your chinos like you’d treat your jeans. Put on a casual T-shirt or a plaid shirt, or both. Wear it with a ‘Phresh’ pair of sneakers, a too-cool-for-school snapback and walk-of-shame shades that only you can pull off.
3. This requires no explanation whatsoever.
4. The versatility of chinos go to an extent where you can flaunt them all year around—depending on the difference in fabric obviously. Summer is the perfect time to wear light pastels and vibrant shades. Think out-of-the-box with colours like monday blues, seafoam greens, salmons and reds.
5. If Your outfit is formal, try opting for oxfords, brogues and loafers.
6. For your casual outfit and your khaki combination, white sneakers work like magic. Just make sure that your shoes aren’t the exact same color as your pants.