If you tell me that you haven't watched 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' even once, or secretly relate to one of the characters, probably sang 'Tujhe Yaad Na Meri Aayi' for someone and have not danced to 'Saajan Ji Ghar Aaye' as a kid, I simply refuse to believe you.
The movie gave wings to a lot of teenage dreams of love, romance and friendship. It's kind of hard to believe that the movie is celebrating its 20th anniversary today and social media is abuzz with nostalgia.
I can't believe it's been #20YearsOfKKHH ! A film that gave me love ,acceptance and a career....will always be eternally grateful to @KajolAtUN @iamsrk #rani and @BeingSalmanKhan for indulging a 25 years old boy with stars in his eyes! Thank you for all the loveâ¤ï¸ pic.twitter.com/xm3RGVOneI— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) October 16, 2018
So, while we douse ourselves with nostalgia, here's a list of 6 lesser-known facts about the movie that holds a special place in all our hearts:
1. Rani Mukherji was just 19-years-old and she was not the original choice for the role. Karan Johar wrote the role for Twinkle Khanna, whose real name is Tina.
2. Salman Khan's role was offered to Saif Ali Khan who turned it down.
3. Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan were the only choices for playing Rahul and Anjali when Karan Johar planned 'KKHH'. They had promised him that they'd work in his movie while the trio was working on 'Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge'.
4. The movie was inspired by Archie Comics. SRK's character was based on Archie, Rani was Veronica and Betty was essayed by Kajol of course. Anupam Kher's character was based on principal Weatherbee.
5. The list of celebs who made an appearance in the movie include Manish Malhotra, Farah Khan, Geeta Kapoor, Nikhil Advani (who directed 'Kal Ho Na Ho' ) and Neelam Kothari.
© Dharma productions
6. KJo initially wanted to dub Rani's voice since he thought it was too husky but went ahead with it (a good decision we say!).
Besides making me feel very old right now, the only thing running in my mind, as I type this, is the title song.
The movie might remind you of a lost love, first crush or your best friend, so make sure you watch it today on its glorious anniversary!