Sign in to follow this  
ADMIN

Remove DevFuse copyright on Portal 1.6.0

Rate this topic

Hey people, just a quick guide to remove the "Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS" on the Portal page in Portal 1.6.0 by DevFuse.

So firstly you need to download Portal 1.6.0 (This will probably work on all versions this is just the one i did it on) which is available here:

Then you need to unzip the folder, and you should get

Portal

• Install Readme
  • Upgrade from IP.Board 3.X
  • portal.tar

So now you need to unzip portal.tar and you'll get a list of directories, you want to navigate to this one:

• modules
  • front
  • portal

and now open portal.php in a text editor (i use notepadd++) and find this line which should be the 33 >> 35th line:

{
            \IPS\Output::i()->output .= "<div style='clear:both;text-align:center;position:absolute;bottom:15px;width:95%;'><a href='http://www.devfuse.com/' class='ipsType_smaller ipsType_light'>Portal by DevFuse</a> &middot; <a href='http://www.invisionpower.com/' class='ipsType_smaller ipsType_light'>Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS</a></div>";    
        }

and remove the part between the " "

{
            \IPS\Output::i()->output .= " ";    
        }

then save the .php file overwriting the original one, then go back to the portal directory. The file tree should look like this:

• data
  • extensions
  • hooks
  • interface
  • modules
  • setup
  • sources
  • tasks
  • widgets
  • Application.php

And use 7zip to zip them up into a .tar format then you can either update your existing Portal by uploading a new version via ACP or installing Portal from scratch using the same method you would usually install applications.

Hope this helps some people!

• Like 1