The Indian government made its stance on cross-border terrorism very clear yesterday, as the Indian Air Force (IAF) took on the propagators of terror and destruction left to thrive under Pakistan's aid and protection, in the early hours of 26th February 2019.
The Indian Air Force carried out an air-borne, non-military strike on three prime terror locations in Pakistan and Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) to eliminate terrorists and training camps in the area.
The air-strike was carried out using hi-tech fighter jets Mirage 2000s which successfully destroyed the camps of three major terror-outfits - Jaish-e-Mohammad, Hizbul Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Taiba - functioning out of three pivotal centres in the area, namely Balakot, Muzaffarabad and Chakothi.February 26, 2019
While very little details about these camps were known earlier, recent reports suggest that JeM's Syed Ahmad Shaheed's centre in Balakot, which also served as a prime location for terror outfits as a 'jihad launchpad', was no less than a 5-star resort situated atop lush green hills in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan.
Here are all the inside details on the architecture and hi-tech facilities in the Balakot terror camp, as reported by an exclusive TOI report:
· Started in 2003-2004, the Balakot facility spread over six acres of forest area and boasted of large halls and dormitories, which could house more than 600 people at a time.
· The training ground spread across a whopping two-acre clearing where the terrorists would reportedly light bonfires and train.
Intel Sources: Ammunition dump blown up today in Balakot,Pakistan by IAF Mirages. The dump had more than 200 AK rifles, uncountable rounds hand grenades, explosives and detonators pic.twitter.com/b7ENbKgYaH— ANI (@ANI) February 26, 2019
· The ammunition dump in the camp was loaded with as many as 200 AK rifles with “uncountable rounds”, hand grenades, explosives and detonators as well.
· The entry pathway of the Balakot terror camp bore a gruesome and spooky look, while the staircases bore the painted-on flags of countries like USA, UK and Israel to motivate the terrorists' hatred.
Intel Sources: Flags of USA, UK and Israel painted on staircases seen in Jaish e Mohammed facility destroyed by Indian Air Force jets in Balakot pic.twitter.com/266CEI0hGR— ANI (@ANI) February 26, 2019
· A parking lot was reserved for the SUVs of JeM chief Maulana Masood Azhar and his brothers.
· The Main hall had false ceilings covered with LED bulbs and JeM flags gracing the columns.
· A minimum of 26 recent recruits were from Rawalpindi and Attock in Pakistan. The youngest one being 1997-born Abdul Hafeez.
Intel Sources: Picture of JeM facility destroyed by Indian Ar Force strikes in Balakot, Pakistan pic.twitter.com/th1JWbVrHw— ANI (@ANI) February 26, 2019
· Men from 10 different Pakistan districts were being trained at Balakot, namely Gujrat, Mianwali, Faisalabad, Muzaffarnagar, Rajanpur, Sahiwal, Multan, Bahawalpur, Rawalpindi and Attock.
· Every year, the centre carried out an annual parade of terrorists after the completion of training in April.