👀 You are watching:
Jump to content
👉 Click here to explore Remote Jobs, Work From Home & Global News – USA 🇺🇸 | UK 🇬🇧 | Canada 🇨🇦 | Pakistan 🇵🇰 ×
🚫 Guest Access Notice ×
  • entries
    35,869
  • comments
    29
  • views
    502,769

Actor Sushant Singh Thanks Twitter, PM Modi For Account Suspension, Says It's 'A Medal Of Honor'


Renowned Indian television and film actor Sushant Singh had a rather sarcastic response for social networking giant Twitter and PM Narendra Modi after his personal Twitter was withheld.

Actor Sushant Singh © Twitter

In a conversation with India Today, the actor had said he did not know exactly why his account was blocked. "I don't know what happened. I was not given any intimation." he said. 

Sushant who started his Bollywood journey with Ram Gopal Varma's Satya is known to speak his mind beyond just the matters of film and television has had his Twitter account suspended in the past as well. 

Asked if the action was meant to curb the freedom of speech in the country, Sushant said, "That's what it looks like." However, soon after news broke of the incident, many users including Swara Bhaskar joined in to question why the actor's account had been suspended. 

Why has @sushant_says ‘s account been withheld, and other accounts @TwitterIndia ?

— Swara Bhasker (@ReallySwara) May 26, 2021

Why has @sushant_says ‘s account been withheld, and other accounts @TwitterIndia ?#IStandWithshushant_singh #IStandWithshushant_singh #IStandWithshushant_singh #IStandWithshushant_singh #IStandWithshushant_singh #IStandWithshushant_singh #IStandWithshushant_singh
Dmcrcyend

— MIKAEEL KHAN (@MichaelNijam) May 26, 2021

His account was withheld for what?? Retweeting ?? Cuz all he does is retweet. Modi is threatened by this

— voyager 2 (@ashutoshsinghy2) May 26, 2021

@sushant_says why Sushant sir account oftenly withheld@Twitter

Tell me Twitter
Speaking truth is crime
Is twitter want to block free5 of expression?

— no hate (@nohate137) May 26, 2021

Restore @sushant_says account @Twitter, he voiced the concerns of Indians, the lay men.........

— ਅਪੋਲਿਟਿਕ ਪਾਜੀ (@kamlajatt) May 26, 2021

#FarmersProtests
Restore @sushant_says @TwitterIndia https://t.co/cJeBrqdTY7

— Inder Pratap (@inderpratap111) May 26, 2021

It is reported that following the social media backlash, Sushant's account has now been restored. 


View the full article

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...