Compliments are a must. And when they're fake and don't mean anything, the thrill of the lottery shoots to another level! Fashion week (as usual) is witness to style goof-ups, pretentious as hell fashionistas and everyone who is anyone, trying way too hard to network. Result? Fake compliments, small talk galore and run-of-the-mill flatter. Decoding 8 of our favourite one-liners from Day 1. Hit it!
1. Who: Designers complementing each other, "That collection looked amazing, the colours were so fresh."
What he means: “Yuck! Your colours look like pigeon poop!”
2. Who: Regular fashion week goer to another, "That hair colour looks amazing. Where did you get it done?"
What she means: “Bald patch!”
3. Who: Very very important designer, "You've really lost a lot of weight babe."
What he means: “Wow, she’s still packing up on the aloo parathas!”
4. Who: Male model: "Oh my god, this mesh top looks amazing on you. Where did you get it from?"
What he means: “Bro, you need umm...hit the cardio, NOW!”
5. Who: Snooty social networkers to one another, “See you soon!”
What he means: “See you, never!”
6. Who: Wannabe model, “Oh, I know her really well…”
What he means: “She hasn’t returned my calls since 200-late!”
7. Who: Established model to a newbie, “Oh my god, you look so healthy!”
What she means: “There she goes with her second helping of curry chawal!”