You know who our generation's most well-built villain is? It's Sonu Sood. In fact, he's not one of the best built but the only well-built villain right now in Bollywood.
Sonu has played the mafia boss for a long time now and what goes hand-in-hand with his acting skills are his supervillain looks. Though he has a great upper body, his core stands out.
His abs are thick, well separated and blocky. It's not your usual washboard weak 'core'. His midsection boasts of years of dedicated core training.
Now, this is what you need to pay attention to if you want a mid-section like him.Nutrition First: View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Sonu Sood (@sonu_sood) on Nov 5, 2018 at 8:57pm PST
There's NO going around the fact that abs are a giving of planned eating. Eat whatever and then do 1000 crunches and you won't get to see jack, but a fluffy core instead.
Plan your eating. Calculate your daily caloric intake. Know how much of what particular macro nutrients you would need. Here, read this article (https://www.mensxp.com/health/body-building/34002-here-rsquo-s-the-macro-breakdown-of-the-most-important-bodybuilding-foods.html) and know how to set your diet.Exercising:
Compound MovementsView this post on Instagram
A post shared by Sonu Sood (@sonu_sood) on Sep 28, 2018 at 8:45pm PDT
To carve out an excellent core, first you need to understand how your core gets engaged while working out. The most core engagement comes usually from big compound movements like the deadlift and the squat.
Pull-ups are another exercise that engages the core indirectly. So, in short, you need to pay attention to giving due time to all the big lifts and progressively overload on them.Isolating The Core:
Isolating the core is the MOST misunderstood. Since most coaches don't understand core training, the clients don't do any better either.
First, stop doing these while isolating the core:
1) 1000 reps of crunches with cow-dung form.
2) If you have back issues, especially lower back, stop killing yourself doing crunches and sit-ups.
3) Thinking that isolating the core will shed belly fat.
4) Spending an entire gym session on working your abs.
Start doing these instead:
1) Limit your reps and control the tempo of all the reps you do. Feel the abs. Do 50 but make them feel it. Abs are just like any other muscle group and the principal of consistent tension applies here as well.
2) Pick the top 3 ab exercises that you feel the most and have perfect form on. Don't be a mad cow doing 10 different exercises and performing poorly on each one of them.
Top 5 Exercises For Isolating The Core:View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Sonu Sood (@sonu_sood) on Sep 24, 2018 at 8:24pm PDT
Now, again, these are NOT the best. There's NO such thing as the best exercise. These are my top picks:
1) 'Ab' wheel roll outs
2) Leg raises on a bench
3) L-Sit pull ups
4) Cable wood choppers
5) Classic crunches