There is something about wearing formals that makes you stand out in the crowd. The suit places you in a superior position in the power dynamics in meetings. The blazer makes you look smart, spiffy and suave all at once. There is no denying that the suit is also extremely sexy when worn to a date.
However, a suit can't be worn as often as we may like it. Not all settings present themselves as deserving for a formal suit. In these scenarios wearing a suit comes across as over-dressed and odd. However, that doesn't mean you ditch the magnificent blazer completely. There are ways you can wear the blazer without making it look too formal.
1. Ditch pants for a pair of jeans whose shade matches your blazer. This creates the illusion of a two piece without being one. If it's a chilled out lunch meeting client, you could even pair it with cool sneakers.
2. Try pairing chinos with blazers. While chinos are usually associated with a more casual setting, add a blazer and voila! It's work ready.
3. In winters, pair your blazer with a hoodie underneath. It gives uber cool vibe and looks great. Exhibit A.
4. Another quirky option is adding graphic tees in the outfit. Add a funky graphic tee underneath your hoodie like this:
5. A kurta under a blazer looks like a pair that won't work but look at Vir Das and Ayushmann work it, and we bet you'll want to try it too. You could experiment with both short kurtas and long ones. With long ones, make sure the shade matches that of the blazer.
6. A turtleneck under a blazer is a classic. It makes men look adorable. Rajkummar Rao is one person who can really pull it off.
So you now know that you don't have to be Mr. Overdressed for your love for the blazer. In fact, you'll be inspiring people with your #OOTDs.